(16 and overs please contact us to register your interest)
Learn acting, dancing and singing skills for stage and screen
Drama is a skill-set that is both advantageous and strengthening to all individuals and characters. The aim of our main session group drama classes is to help each student develop his or her potential for self-expression and communication and to help each student understand and appreciate the art of theatre and television.
Our drama curriculum covers many aspects of the industry:
- Our innovative classes help students to increase their ability to communicate verbally and physically, to think imaginatively, to concentrate, to play, to feel and understand emotions, to co-operate in groups and to seek solutions
- Our drama sessions equips students to a high level in a range of performance contexts including live performance, film, and television
- We work hard to create an environment for training which is based on trust, mutual respect and a love of drama, enabling students to feel secure enough to take creative risks. All students are encouraged to express themselves in their own way
Our Singing session includes a group singing class that focuses on developing a sound vocal technique that will equip our students with the skills to develop into strong stage performers.
Our singing curriculum covers many aspects of the industry:
- A variety of singing styles are covered and encouraged from Musical Theatre and Pop through to Classical
- We educate our students in all aspects of posture, vocal health, breathing, support, musicality and diction to ensure that they have the skillset required to sing safely and to the best of their ability
- Lessons are inspiring, fun and designed to build the students’ confidence. Students are encouraged to sing solo and demonstrate that they are happy to sing in front of their group
Our Dance session includes a group dance class, which focuses on building a solid dance technique that can be applied to many different dance styles. The classes work on developing strength and flexibility with a strong emphasis on posture, spacial awareness and performance technique.
Our dance curriculum covers many aspects of the industry:
- All dance classes are taught by our team of highly experienced tutors, who are all professional performers themselves, with careers spanning all areas of dance performance, choreography and tuition
- Students are not only taught steps, but are taught how to rectify any faults before poor technique sets in, which can be challenging to correct at a later stage
- We cover a variety of dance styles from different eras and musical genres, placing focus on current dance trends. Choreographing is also encouraged to develop imagination and expression through movement
Where: Church of Scotland Hall, Blyth Street, Newport-on-Tay, Fife, DD6 8DB
When: Saturday’s 10am – 1pm
Summer Term: Saturday 19th August 2017 to 21st October 2017
THE AMOUNTS BELOW ARE FOR A 10 WEEK TERM . The cost of the training is £13 per 3hr session. We offer a variety of payment options to suit the individual. 1st siblings receive a 50% discount and then 25% on any further siblings.
To join the school, there is a £26 deposit per student covering a 2 week trial, to give the student a chance to see whether they enjoy Interarts before committing to the term. This is then deducted from the termly fee when the student continues training with us.
Please note that when a place is unavailable the applicant will be placed on our waiting list and we will inform you as soon as a place becomes available.
1 student £130
2 students £195 (50% discount for first sibling)
FEES ARE PAYABLE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- ONE CHEQUE ON THE FIRST DAY OF TERM FOR THE FULL AMOUNT
- TWO CHEQUES PRESENTED ON THE FIRST DAY OF TERM. THE SECOND POST-DATED FOR FIVE WEEKS AFTER THE TERM START DATE
- CASH FOR THE FULL AMOUNT ON THE FIRST DAY OF TERM
- BACS TRANSFER INTO THE INTERARTS THEATRE ACADEMY ACCOUNT (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
All fees are to be paid on the 1ST WEEK OF TERM and we require HALF A TERMS notice in writing should your child decide to leave ANY of the classes. THESE CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL STUDENTS. If you have any accounts queries, please email email@example.com
For registration/application enquiries please contact our office:
Interarts Theatre Academy
OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm
Please email or leave a message outside of these hours and we will return your call.
Or alternatively you may download an Application by clicking the link below.
Completed Application Forms with a deposit cheque for £30 (made payable to Nunah Theatre Company) should be sent to our offices above or attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.